Monday 15 November 2021

The Constantinov Regiment

Whilst I have, for the most part, 'moth-balled' my Classic Wargaming collection over the past few years, occasionally I get the urge to dip back into it. This normally happens when I catch a glimpse of "Charge!" on my bookshelf, or when I'm in email correspondence about the hobby and nostalgic thoughts of simpler times are opened up.

Recently, when this happened, I decided to finish up a regiment that has been in a 'work-in-progress' box for quite some time.

I did the first company of this regiment many years ago. I always intended it to be just a 2-company regiment, so I have no idea what took me so long coming back to it.

But, anyway, such is the life of the wargamer.

Without further ado, I present The Constantinov Regiment, comprising two 'Charge-style' companies, a CO and standard bearer, all from the Stadden range of figures. The Colonel is the Poniatowski figure, if I remember correctly. The flag is hand painted on aluminium sheet.

These pictures are merely quick 'snaps' on the workbench, and in due course I will take proper photos of the regiment in action on the tabletop of course.





I also have a couple of cavalry regiments that are in the stockpile for the next time I want to dip back to the Classic Collection... which may be sooner than one might imagine...

Until then, all the very best



No comments: